Tuesday, October 18, 2011

This Week's Used Children's Book Finds


Real Seuss (Thidwick the Big-Hearted Moose was first published in 1948!), and a cobbled-together inauthentic Seuss-themed lift-the-flap book, a Shel Silverstein (diabolical! genius!) book called Giraffe and a Half, the classic growing-up book Little Gorilla in baby board-book form, two new-to-us Where's Spot? books by Eric Hill, and well-loved copy of The Bear Detectives. (I like Berenstain Bears morals books, but I love Berenstain Bears easy readers.)

I also found four pristine Japanese-language children's books (three Pénélope and one Curious George) that I will donate to the local elementary school's Japanese-language immersion program, in hopes of developing a relationship with the office ladies and because books that don't get adopted from the Goodwill get pulped, so I try to bring home as many foster children as I can, LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment