Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Day 2 of Judaism Week

I remembered that life isn't all about books about the same time I saw the Avinu Malkeinu mentioned in my Rosh Hashanah reading. I looked up Avinu Melkeinu on the Interwebs, and Jackson seemed to really enjoy video of Barbra Streisand's version of the song/prayer. He calls Rosh Hashanah "Shanna" and points at our Judiasm books when we talk about it. He also understands that the shofar is a horn and that horns come from sheep and goats, and we learned what candles are, and how the sulfur from matches can tickle one's nose. (He kept saying "Nose? Nose?" until I lit another match.) This unit study stuff is actually all it's cracked up to be. Who knew?



In other news, the kiddo had a blast helping me plant some new stuff in a corner of the yard. He picked out some shelling pea seeds from our seed box (he liked the rattling sound they made inside the packet), and they were just the right size for him to actually grasp and drop in the little holes. He loved his peas and when they spilled he picked up every single one and put it back in the "packet! packet!" I finally had to trade him a biscuit for the pea seeds to get them back.

Pictures of our new tree and new patch of dirt forthcoming!

No comments:

Post a Comment