Monday, February 13, 2012

I'm Feeling Lucky

Credit: Wolfgang Sauber, Wikimedia
There are a lot of downsides living in crowded, expensive west Los Angeles, but there are so so many benefits as well. Right now I'm feeling so grateful to be a part of this big busy city.

Among other things, we are the beneficiaries of not one but two great library systems. We are able to use both the City of Los Angeles and the County of Los Angeles library systems, which means that I can borrow from a total of 14 million books between the two of them. For that matter, the nearby Santa Monica and Beverly Hills Library systems aren't so shabby, either!

I also count myself lucky to have two great parks in walking distance, not to mention the blessings of the Pacific Ocean within biking distance.

Without even considering the cultural resources of this city, those things alone--convenient parks and content-rich libraries--are a huge gift that contributes significantly to my baby-education project!

No comments:

Post a Comment