Sunday, January 15, 2012

$10 Well-Spent

I had a few dollars burning a hole in my pocket on Friday so I went to the local children's resale shop to see if I could find some new puzzles for Jackson. We've been looking at the same four or five Melissa & Doug puzzles for over a year now, and they were wearing thin.

We came home with a dinosaur puzzle and a sea creature puzzle and instantly uncovered a puzzle-doing ability that has heretofore not been seen in the kiddo. He usually refuses to play along when I bring out the puzzles, but the newness of these ones has fascinated him and he loves putting the pieces in.

I'll hear a crash from the other room (pieces being dumped on the floor), and a few minutes later he delivers to me a completed puzzle with the announcement "all done all done." Whee!

No comments:

Post a Comment