Friday, July 29, 2011

My Quasi-Educational YouTube Baby Playlist



See above for my quasi-educational YouTube baby playlist. This is a very eclectic mix of videos I would let my kid watch, consisting of a weird mix of Looney Tunes and early Disney shorts that are just part of our collective heritage now, e.g. Little Toot, One Froggy Evening; classic Sesame Street segments ("City Alphabet" is a personal favorite); an ASL fingerspell video (see my recent baby signs post); some musical animated shorts (Tubby the Tuba and Disney's Peter and the Wolf); the Animaniacs educational songs; and so on. I'll continue to add to this over time and/or eventually do a spinoff of ABC and phonics vids.

FYI, I've found that YouTube user NantoVision1 has the best collection of vintage Sesame Street clips, if you desire a childhood flashback or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment