Sunday, March 16, 2014

Loot from the Venice Library Book Sale

My friend Ella tipped me off that poor Books and Cookies in Santa Monica was closing and that inventory would be 40 percent off starting on Saturday, but when I stopped by circa 10 a.m., there was hardly a volume left and the door was being blocked by Belle from Beauty and the Beast

So...I checked with my good friend BookSaleFinder.com to see if there was anything nearby that would suffice for a book fix, and discovered that the quarterly Venice Branch Library Book Sale was on that morning. I was "late" by book sale standards, but still found a ton of goodies to build out our collection, some from the library discards and some donated boxes. Thank you! 

P.S. Look for a post in the future sometime featuring the work of Swiss illustrator Felix Hoffmann. Our relationship just started yesterday, but this is passionate love at first sight, and that always works out long-term, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment